Berlin's Schönefeld Airport is a slightly outdated airport, the terminal is small, food and seating choices is limited, there is a small business lounge for Priority Pass holders etc, you can also pay on arrival. Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks as well as light snacks are free when you are in there, as well as comfortable seating, and a view of the apron.
The mention of the business lounge is simply to suggest that this may make your trip a little more comfortable when departing when SXF. Schönefeld airport is 12KM outside the centre of Berlin and it takes around 25 Mins to drive into the city centre.
You can catch an S-Bahn to Berlin city centre, (More info at https://www.berlin-airport.de/en/travellers-sxf/to-and-from/buses-and-trains/local-public-transport/index.php) is 10 Mins to the terminal, just outside the terminal, across the car park, and across the road. The train runs every 30 minutes between around 4am to 11pm and costs €3.30 each way.
Buses that travel from Berlin's Berlin Schönefeld into the city::
Express bus service:
- X7 U Rudow – Flughafen Schönefeld
Further bus connections to Berlin:
- 163 S Schöneweide – S Adlershof – S Grünau – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal
- 164 S Kaulsdorf – S Köpenick – S Adlershof – S Flughafen Schönefeld – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal
- 171 U Hermannplatz – U Rudow – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal
- N7 S+U Spandau – U Jakob-Kaiser-Platz – U Hermannplatz – U Rudow – S Flughafen Schönefeld – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal
- N60 S Adlershof – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal
Bus connections to Berlin’s surrounding areas:
- 734 S Zeuthen – Waltersdorf – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
- 735 S Königs Wusterhausen – Wildau – Waltersdorf – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
- 736 S Königs Wusterhausen – Schulzendorf – Waltersdorf – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
- 738 Wildau – A10 Center – Schulzendorf – Waltersdorf – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
- 741 Rotberg – Waltersdorf – Flughafen Schönefeld Terminal – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
- 742 Großziethen – Waßmannsdorf – S Flughafen Berlin Schönefeld
Our Reichenbach office at Humboldtstraße 13, 08468 Reichenbach im Vogtland, Germany, is around 2.44 Hours from the airport by car via the A9 motorway. Email us if you require airport transfers at competitive rates.
If you wish to purchase a VIP lounge pass, get it using the link below:
Live flight arrivals Germany - Berlin Schönefeld Airport SXF
You may be returning back to Berlin's Schönefeld airport for the return flight and may be arriving at night for a morning flight, we have provided a booking link below to get your hotel sorted for this stay.
It may be easiest to stay close to Schönefeld so the journey into the terminal is quick and painless, rather than getting up in the morning and traveling across the city, possibly getting stuck in traffic. The Meininger Hotel is about a 5 mins drive from Berlin Schonefeld, has paid parking (Park in the supermarket car park right next door overnight, and parking is free!). The hotel, whilst basic, is very clean and very modern, rooms are large and there is a bar, and vending machines selling everything from beer and wine to crisps and nuts. Compared to similar hotels around the airport, the Meininger hotel is priced competitively. Book the Meininger Hotel here
If you are hiring a car, we recommend that on its return, you make sure the tank is full and to wait until the operative receiving the vehicle has checked it over and provided a receipt either in paper form or by email, if you leave the vehicle there with the keys without waiting, it has been known for staff to mark vehicles as half full of fuel or thereabouts or damage that clearly was not there when the vehicles were dropped off. Vehicle hire firms often give bonuses to staff who find defects, this can be very costly to the hirer.Some of the car hire companies provide smart cars to those booking the cheapest/smallest class of car, for some that love the thought of helping the environment, this may be a delight, but an hour on the Autobahn will make even the greenest change their minds, Smart cars only make sense in cities, you will not enjoy driving one of these on long distance journeys in Germany.
Book other hotels below: